Wednesday, October 22, 2008

In case you missed it.

I don't know if any of you guys watched the church broadcast, and maybe all of you did, but if not, here it is. I really liked it and I hope everyone gets a chance to see it. I think this speaks to not only the issue at hand with Proposition 8 but with the degredation of morality at large and how far things are going around us. How "normal" things have become and how numb people have become to these type of things. I really love people who have chosen to live gay/lesbian lifestyles and its not about hating them. Many have shot harsh and pointed comments at those who have opposed Gay marriage calling those who support Prop. 8 as being discriminative, prejudice, and hateful people. The fact is that there are many effects that this will have on not only California, but all over since California does set the precedence. This video explains some of those effects and there are also some other websites I would recommend (they will be posted after the video link). If you know people in California, I suggest you do your best to help them understand the impact this will have on their own families now and in the future.

http://www.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/media/mediaplayer.swf?media=http://broadcast.lds.org/newsroom/video/flv/California_Broadcast_8Oct08.flv&type=FLV

http://www.preservingmarriage.org/videos.html#current

http://www.protectmarriage.com/video (a couple from Mass. who have experienced the affects of legal gay marriage in their family)

So thats my shpeal about that... and now just for a little interesting thing:
Last night I had a dream that I didn't think about really till a couple hours ago. I was in California (I'm pretty sure I was in San Fransisco) and it got bombed. I looked up at the building I was close to that was the only one standing and realized it was the Temple and the people in it were fine. There were some survivors scattered around the city trying to escape but the most distinctive thing I remember was looking at the Temple and it being the only building left. I'm not saying it was super meaningful to everyone or not, but it feels meaningful to me.
Anyways I hope everyone else is doing well! I'm surviving the semester but hanging on by a thread with how crazy it is. Ill do an about me update soon. Take care!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for posting this Sariah! While I knew the church was supporting proposition 8, I was glad to finally see what exactly their message was (even though it was scary!). I just wish I knew someone who lives in California....

Backwoods Browns said...

This is so true! It will not only impact California, but this nation as a whole on what should be accepted to protect the sacred nature of marriage between a man and a woman. I can't wait to watch the video! Thanks for posting this!!

Unknown said...

wow that is crazy. I am so glad you shared that with me. That is scary about what happened in Massachusetts. Thank you so much for sharing.