Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Just hanging onto sanity

So I realize its been a while since I posted anything but I have literally been going non-stop since school started day one! Its insane! I can't wait till this semester is over. I feel like its almost impossible to have any real social life outside of my roommates and my boyfriend but I love them so its not unbearable or anything.
My internship takes up almost all of my Tuesdays and Thursdays but I love it. I have it at the Juvenile Corrections Center in St. Anthony, ID which is just like 20 minutes from Rexburg. I'm with a group of girls and I love them already. Its been a great experience so far and I can't wait to learn more and watch these girls grow and learn. It makes me so excited when I see some progress even the slightest bit and I just love it. Its amazing how much you can care about people you just barely know. But its great. I really love it! Its also interesting because the guy who is in charge of the internship is teach us interns about different psychological testing and we get to try them out. We also get to take some ourselves! I just got my personality test back tomorrow and I must say it was pretty accurate! Its fun cause I love taking those silly quizzes online but this is actually legit (well unless you talk to certain professionals who say they are useless which I disagree with). Its been so interesting.
My stats class... oooh my. I thought I was going to fail, but last saturday, I had this dawning where I finally understood everything from the last section. It just came in one big swoop after almost crying cause I couldn't get it. Thank goodness that dawning came before the first test (which is Friday). I was freaked but I think I can get through this with an ok grade! My Abnormal Psych class.... OOOOH man. REALLY hard tests. I haven't gotten that low of a grade ever. Thankfully with the curve that the teacher gave I got just enough to get a B on it. I'm gonna have to work my butt of big time in that class and I don't even know if thats enough to get an A with his tests. His questions are very unclear so I have to try and figure out how to interpret his questions or something. Wish me luck with that. haha. The rest of classes are good and all. Its just sooo busy this semester. So busy.
I'm so excited for General Conference. Every time it comes around I just feel so recharged and just full of hope and strength. I love it. Its so powerful!
Well I wish there was more to tell but thats pretty much all thats been goin on. Just counting down the weeks for this semester to end. 10 weeks left and one of those is Thanksgiving week so only 9!!!!! Then I will have a little party. Woooo! too bad it wont get easier from here. hahaha! How sad.

3 comments:

Backwoods Browns said...

Ohhh! I love you Sariah! You are going to do great! Don't you wish you could push the "easy" button from the Staples commercials!! Good luck smarty pants :)

Unknown said...

Oh good job Sariah. You are much more persistent than I ever was. I agree with Eleasha I wish we all had a staples "easy" button. I miss you a ton. Hopefully I will get to see you at Christmas time.

rekcedeel said...

A party? Can I come?