Monday, April 27, 2009

School at last.... uh oh

So at long last, I have come back to school. This is exciting for me in that I am hoping time will go by much faster. The downside? I have to wake up at 7:00 every morning except saturdays... I know I'm a whiner, but I love sleeping in. Its something I treasure quite a bit and I tend to stay up late so 5 hours of sleep each night makes mornings quite difficult for me.
Anywho, for this semester I have 19 credits again and for four of my classes, looooooots of reading is required. I don't mind too much though because I don't have massive loads of homework... I just have to struggle to keep myself awake while reading over 200 pages of psychology stuff each week...or more. I tend to doze off after the 10th page or so, which proves to be problematic in the reading process. But I'm glad I'm doing it all now. I'm hoping that by doing this, next semester will be quite a bit more relaxed and I can enjoy my last semester a bit more.
This semster I get to take all sorts of fun classes like Research Methods and History and Systems of Psychology. I bet the sounds of that just makes you exude with jealousy. Don't worry, its not as terribly exciting as it sounds. But I am also taking Intro to Social Work, more Spanish, Motivation and Emotion, and Prep for Eternal Marriage (no i'm not engaged or anything).
I'm back with my Chinese roommates this semester (there are only 3 of them left) and one roommate who is Mong. I didn't know what Mong was till I ask her. If you'd like to know, you can ask. I'll just tell you its not Mongolian. So needless to say, I'm looking forward to a delicious Asian food filled semester. Yahoo!
Not many new interesting t hings except for those of you who don't know, I will be going to Peru this summer when school gets out for two weeks. So thats exciting. If anyone has any advice for traveling to South American countries (vaccinations I should get, foods to avoid, etc) I'd love to hear it :D
I love being back in Idaho where food is much cheaper. Chili is less than a dollar here! In Jackson its like $1.50 so I'm pretty excited. I have enough pancake mix to last me the whole semester for only $7.00!!! Its magical...really... Now I just need to find a lunch food that I can get for that much! *sigh* if only...
Thats about it for now though... :D

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sariah, I am glad things are moving along for you. I am also glad food is more affordable for you. I am interested to know the meaning of the name. I love you sis.

Backwoods Browns said...

Oh Sariah, We miss you! Glad you have an easier Semester! Brad has the same problem which is why he doesn't read! But even I would fall asleep reading that much stuff in one week!! Enjoy your asian food!! Call me if you have some downtime! We would all like to talk to you!! Especially Keeley!! :) She adores you!

Ponczoch Family said...

Peru? Why not one country further south? jk. Dave and I are really hoping to get to Machu Picchu this year. Here is my food advice. Drink only bottled water. Do not eat lettuce. None. At. All. Or raw vegis. Especially brocolli. If you eat fruits that you do not peel yourself, make sure it is in a reputable place (not from a street vender). Especially strawberries. Other than that, eat up! Try it all. Peruvian food is THE best. My new maid is Peruvian and I have her cook once a week... YUMMY. As far as a cheap lunch food in Rexburg, the potato. When I lived there people practically paid us to take them. Guess maybe that's what your chili is for though. Good ol PB & J? As far as vaccinations, it depends on what parts of Peru you will be going to. The more jungly parts require different immunizations. Best of luck preparing!

Marangatang said...

gosh i miss you little sister!!! a small comment on your previous blog: i know what you mean being alone. when i was still rooming with lindsey and she would take off for the weekend to go to Seattle i had to do a lot of self-distracting to make it through. i don't do alone very well. i blame it on our sisterly bond. we shared a lot growing up, it's something that we crave now, to have someone there. people are my addiction. as for Peru, i'm still jealous, but i do hope you and Rodo have a ton of fun! he should be able to tell you what to eat and what not to eat, but still be careful. i don't want to hear about you getting sick down there or i'll have to... eh... get... ugh, i dunno, but i'd do something! i love you sis, keep in touch, i'm always around.