Sunday, September 13, 2009

Oh back to school... back to schoooool

So I am back once again in Rexburg for my final semester. Yahoo! Summer was too quick though. I had so much fun after getting back from Colombia. I spent it at Eleasha's house and we had fun cooking together, making earrings and necklaces, she helped me sew a skirt (I'm shocked it worked!)... it was all lots of fun! I'm going to start selling my jewelry online as soon as I can take some good pictures of it (photographing jewelry is much harder than i would have thought). All that cooking and sewing and stuff just made me so much more anxious to have my own house. I want a garden so much!!! I wanna grow my own rhubarb and zucchini and peppers and all that jazz. I cant wait!
I also have been thinking this summer that instead of going to grad school next fall, I wanna save up for 6 months or so and volunteer in South America for a half a years or so. I wanted to do that before but somehow that got lost in other plans and I have rediscovered my desire to do that. I love traveling, I love the latin culture and I've wanted to volunteer in an orphanage for a long time now. I told my internship supervisor last fall that my plan was to spend a while volunteering in S. America last fall so I don't know why it got out of my mind for a while. But anywho, thats the plan. I think I decided not to cause i thought it would be really expensive but then I found a lot of really good programs that dont charge you to go down. I just have to pay my own way and with some programs pay for food and housing. Luckily living in S. America is cheap and I could save up in a little over 6 months and be fine down there.
Annnywho, So back to school. I only have 5 classes but some are going to be a bit intense i think. I'm taking only one class on tuesdays and thursdays but thats Human Biology and I don't know how well THAT is going to go. lol. I've never been a science person. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I have Developmental Psych (I'm hoping will be easy), English (I have a crazy teacher but i will go over that in a sec), New Testament (with LOTS of reading to do in that class), and then Learning (where I get to train rats and chickens! woohoo).
So my English teacher is kind of crazy. to hand out the syllabus, he took the pile of papers, split it in half, and threw each one on opposite sides of the room. It was a quite efficient and quick way to hand out the papers, I'll give him that. It was interesting. Then towards the end of class, when he was talking, right in the middle he screamed and everyone jumped so high. He said he saw heads bobbing...so that was his solution I guess. He's a bit crazy but I've heard from people that he's really funny.
I have two new roommates. One is from El Salvador which I'm really excited about, and the other is from Shelly Idaho so I'm no longer the only white girl in the apartment. lol. I think it will be a good semester. :D I'm excited and hopeful!

3 comments:

LĂ­viaBorba said...

the idea of vounteering here in south america is pretty cool and also beautiful, Sariah! there are so many people in need. have you considered coming to Brasil to do that? or you'd rather go somewhere you can practise your spanish?

Unknown said...

how so awesome.. that is what paige and some cousins are doing in in Chile... I am glad you are liking your semester so far. Your teacher sounds super funny. love you and miss you.. When ever we go over to Eleasha's house EmmaLynn says " yay go see Keeley, jarrin, sawyer and SARIAH" it is sooo cute.. she totally misses you.

Backwoods Browns said...

I hope you go to S. America. What a fun experience!! Glad school is entertaining for you ;)