Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Happily moving on

I am so excited for General Conference! My roommate got some tickets to go to the Saturday Morning session so I'm super excited. I've never been before. I love watching it online and all that but I hear that its even more amazing in person! I hope everyone gets a chance to watch it or at least listen to it. I'm so excited!!

On another note, I had my first appointment for the screening process to make sure I can be part of the trial. I really hope I can be. I can't if I've been exposed to TB and the likelihood that I have been goes up if I've been out of the country...which I have been. So I'm hoping that's not the case. Tomorrow I get to do a Meal Tolerance Test so I have to fast tonight starting at 9:00 until my appointment at 8:00 tomorrow. So that should be all kinds of exciting.

I'm also excited that I got to make some yummalicious peach/nectarine/raspberry cobbler last night with xylitol and it was so good! my roommates all loved it and my roommate said again "You just get better with time". Lol, I think she just likes me for the stuff I make. Thats ok though, I've grown to love cooking this past year. I used to hate it and now I love it. I feel so old when I'm asking for kitchen appliances for Christmas. I'm dying to get a good break maker, blender, and a few other things.

And on a sad note, my vision is back to ultra crappy :( Sad times. I wanna get lasik someday... but i suppose I must pay off my mounting med bills and school loans first.

I'm loving my religion class though. Because of this class I've been getting up an hour earlier each morning to study the scriptures and its amazing the difference that it makes. Just amazing, thats the only way to describe it. I'd recommend that as well if at all possible.

Oh, and at my last appointment, I was told that I had an average blood sugar of 410 the last three months... (My new theme song is Sugar by Flo Rida) the doctor was surprised I wasn't super sick and said if I waited a couple days, I would have either come in really sick or dead. I'm so glad I had that feeling to make a doctors appointment. The Lord is really looking out for me. The past few weeks I have witnessed his help over and over again. For that I'm so very grateful.

So overall, I'm doing good, the Lord is helping me so much and I have a lot of great people around me. Thank you everyone for all the help!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh, I am so excited you get to go to conference. It is really something different when you are actually there. I hope it was great for you. On another note, I am glad you are not dead, that would be so sad... :) I am just all kinds of excited about you.. I hope the test thing works out and goes really well.