Friday, May 9, 2008

Thank goodness for Prayer

So things have been really hard this week. I wont go into detail but its been one of the hardest times for me. I also realized that I just could not handle 19 credits this semester. There was one class that was just soooo hard. It was the sensation and perception one. Its all scientifical and such and I really am not quick at understanding science and so I felt like out of the 20 things each chapter we needed to know for our test that was this week, I knew maybe 5 out of each. I knew I wouldn't do well in the class since I had so many other classes I also had to focus on, so I dropped it. Now with 16 credits, school is a lot easier to get through. But life isn't so much. But overall I have gotten through it pretty well considering how I am feeling. All thanks to praying like there was no tomorrow. I think I am more grateful for the gospel right now than almost any other time because without it right now, I would feel about a million times worse, but with it, I can smile during the day and leave my burdens behind for a while so I can get through another school day. Its amazing to me what the Lord can do for you when you let him. I never understood the scripture more that says "Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light" Matt 11: 30. One minute I can feel like I just can't get through the day without crying and the next I feel hope and strength beyond what I could imagine. Its absolutely amazing. I just wanted to share that. And don't worry about me because though times are tough now for me, I have the greatest help I could imagine getting and I'll get through this no matter if it goes how I wish or not because I trust that whatever happens is the will of the one who knows whats best for all.

3 comments:

Backwoods Browns said...

Girl just keep on moving forward and praying! You'll make it through no matter what comes your way by praying! Good for you for remembering what the Lord can and will do for you to help you out!!I LOVE you!!!

Unknown said...

Sariah! I love you! You are strong and I know you will be able to make the best of everything that comes your way! Just keep the prayer going! I too know how much that helps in the toughest of times! I love you! you are amazing!

Ponczoch Family said...

Good for you for dropping a class when you realized it was too much... as much as we wish it were possible, one person just can't do everything. Hope this week is better!