Monday, April 28, 2008

Not a whole lot to tell, but update none the less

So as another way to procrastinate that which I must do, I decided I feel a need to update all who are interested on my happenings.
So I am back in Rexburg and it feels pretty good for the most part I think. I thought I would be living with all my old Chinese roommates again, but one got an internship in N.Y. so there is a new girl. This girl seems pretty nice but her boyfriend is over alllllllll the time and it drives me crazy. And they are always attached at the lips so its slightly awkward. But I guess she seems nice when she doesn't have a boy attached to her face. We are all taking turns making dinner again which means LOTS OF CHINESE FOR FOR ME! Woo! I love Chinese food and love eating with chopsticks.
I'm taking 19 credits (7 classes) this semester, which may or may not be the death of me. And I am applying for a job at Melaleuca. With all that on my plate... I don't know how exciting this semester will be, but I'm determined to finish school without debt. So far I only owe $1300 or so from last semester.
I love school though. The homework part not so much, but I love going to classes. I was telling my roommate before that the more I learn, even about psychology and things like that, the more my testimony grows. It just amazes me. I wish I could express how incredible it is to be sitting in a class and learn about something that most people probably don't relate to the gospel and suddenly some gospel principle that you thought you understood before has a whole new meaning thats much more profound and explains so much more than you dreamed of.
Anyways, I'm taking a dance class, Book of Mormon (second half), Old Testament (second half), Sensation and Perception, Juvenile Delinquency, Counseling Therapy, and Spanish. In other words, lots and lots and lots of reading.
Still haven't gotten around to getting an appointment to go sell my blood (not really, its plasma), but I plan on doing that as well. The things poor college students do. If I get the job, which I really hope I can get, and also donate plasma, I think I can get through this semester without using any loan money AND pay off all of last semesters debt. Wish me luck and pray for me please cause I'm going to need a LOT of extra strength and help this semester physically and emotionally but I'm determined to do it!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sariah, you are such an amazing person! I truly admire your attitude and drive!!! Make me wish I had done what you are doing... I will definitely pray for you and I miss you and love you! And of course once again you totally crack me up!!!

Backwoods Browns said...

Girl, You have your head on so straight! I just love to talk to you and hear how determined and how much you accomplish when you put your mind to it! I have no doubt that you will do excellent this semester even if you are sleep deprived and brain fried from all your reading and work! Your so amazing!! I love you and you'd better come home soon to see your baby nephew and the rest of us of course!! We miss you something terrible!!

Ponczoch Family said...

What a nice set up with sharing meals. As far as being able to apply your education to the gospel, that's the amazing thing at BYU-I... you seriously feel the spirit all of the time, and it opens your mind and spirit to knowledge and truth. Love the Spirit of Ricks!

Bethany said...

I totally wish I could sit in on your Sensation and Perception, Juvenile Delinquency, and Counseling Therapy classes. They sound so interesting! I'm with you on loving going to class, but hating the homework.

I can't believe how many credits you're taking! That's great! I was somewhat of a slacker in college. The most I ever took was 15 and that was only once my freshman year. After that it ranged anywhere from 2-13 credits. Maybe that's why I was in school so long...

Oh, and what is Melaleuca?