Tuesday, October 6, 2009

General Conference

So I was lucky enough because of one of my roommates to be able to go down to watch General Conference in Salt Lake. It was so amazing! I wish I could get tickets to all of the sessions right in the front bottom part. We had tickets for the far back though way up high. It was still amazing never the less. My favorite talks were on Sunday though. Jeffrey R. Holland's talk and testimony was so amazing and powerful and President Monson's talk about the services and the warm fuzzies was so sweet! Gosh I love conference. It reminds me of all the things I need to improve on. I really do love conference!
I went down with two of my roommates, Kabao and Macy and Macy's boyfriend and we stayed at my Uncle Rick and Aunt Jenny's place Friday night and of course my roommates loved them. They are so welcoming! I can't thank them enough for helping us so much! The next night we went to Provo to stay with our old roommate. It was cool cause she lived directly across from the temple. I mean you look out her front window or door and the temple is directly in front of her. How amazing would that be? That night we went to Tocanos which is a Brazilian BBQ. The meat was soooooo good and tender! I ate so much and so little carbs, it was exciting... though I'm sure eating that much meat isn't that good for you. lol. It will probably be sitting in me for the next 2 weeks at least. lol.
I have my next appointment for the screening process this Thursday which is another meal tolerance test so I get to fast again and get to Idaho Falls by 8:00 in the morning. This time I will think to bring more homework and such.
So thats the excitement in Sariah's life. Yahoo!
Oh and, it snowed for multiple hours yesterday which was quite upsetting so I add this:
Dear God,
please keep it from snowing again until at least November...preferably December.
Sincerely,
Me

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so with you on the snow piece, just wait till after the baby is born... I am so glad you got to go to conference, lucky you getting to see Uncle Rick and Aunt Jenny while you were there. I hope the testing thing goes super well. love you sister.

Backwoods Browns said...

Glad you got to go! I love uncle rick and aunt jenny!! I hope it doesn't snow for a while either! I am soooo not ready for it!