Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sariah has become a lab rat, YAY!

So as of yesterday, I have officially started the clinical trial. I had to go to the radiology lab first and have them put in a ... i forgot what they called it, its like a blood catheter under my arm just a couple inches above my elbow. It was slightly painful because there was a kink or something in my vein and so as they were trying to shove the tube thing towards my heart, it was getting caught under my shoulder and i could see on the screen the vein bending as they tried to shove it in. that was painful. It was cool seeing my bones and my heart pumping on the x-ray thing though! lol. Then I went to get dosed up with whatever they pumped into me and ended up staying till 8:00 or so. Hopefully after today I wont have to stay so long since I will be able to go earlier by an hour and a half or so. They have me taking IB profin so that if I do feel some of the side effects, they wont be so bad. I don't know if i'd be able to tell if i did have side effects anyways because my body is so weird. lol.
So I went into the office again yesterday to make sure all the substitution things went through and i was set to graduate. I knew i should go and check because its always my luck that things get lost or something and don't happen, and thats exactly what happened. the office lost my papers so I have to get them all resigned and such. Good thing I went and checked.
As for classes, I have midterms this week but only a couple tests and a few million papers due...only. Actually, I was a good girl and did my 5000 word paper last week and finished it yesterday while being drugged up. So only a half a million more papers for english left. But my favorite class is Principles of Learning. We finished with the chickens and I said goodbye to Sparticus but now I have a rat named Sophie who I get to teach to do tricks for the Rat Circus we have at the end of the semester. She's actually really sweet and cute. I wanna keep her when the semester ends but I don't know where I could keep her. She's all cute and likes to cuddle. Also, in that class, we watched this video that is realllly interesting. I suggest everyone watch cause its cool!



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhmZBMuZ6vE

1 comment:

Backwoods Browns said...

Hope it's going okay! That video about crows is crazy cool!! How weird! I'll call you soon so we can chat! :)