Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Oh there ain't no tubes in me...there ain't no tubes in me

There might be tubes in some of you dudes but there ain't no tubes in me!!! Yay!

So I started the trial thing last Monday and got done yesterday with all the infusions. I know I got the real stuff because I got massive headaches for a few days. Saturday was the worst but it got better pretty quick. They had to put a picc line in my arm so I could get infusions every day and not have to be poked every day. It was slightly painful to get in because I'm one of those people who need a LOT of numbing stuff for it to work really well (my dad reminded me of when I cut my foot open again and screamed bloody murder when they tried to stitch it up when I was a kid). So there were times it hurt a bit. At one point, they couldn't get the tube through a part of my vein under my shoulder so they tried to push it through and I watched on the X-ray as my vein was pushed down and man did that hurt. I just kept thinking "I don't think my vein is supposed to go there or bend that way." But they eventually got it through.
So now the infusions are done and I have to go for check ups every week for a few weeks to see how things are going. Yahoo!
Yesterday night, my roommates and I had a ward Halloween dance that we went to and all of us dressed up. It was kind of a lame dance overall, but it was fun dressing up and taking pictures. haha. There are some, if not all up on facebook. My roommate supplied my costume so that was nice cause I didn't have anything good.
So I'm taking a Human Biology class this semester and I'm shocked how much I love the class. I am completely amazed at how complicated it all is and how everything balances just right to allow us to life. Its just amazing. I just really cant see how there couldn't be a god. I just... am so amazed!!!! Its actually not hard for me like I thought it would be to understand the stuff either so thats good! I just love it... What a shock that is to me. lol.
On another note, I hate that its getting so cold and darker. I get rather depressed at this time of year. Florida sounds better and better as the days go on. I am 10 times happier in the summer generally than the winter. I just need sunlight and warmth. I think thats how I've been since I was really young because as long as I can remember, all my best memories are in the summer... except maybe holiday memories or playing in the show when I was really young, but even then there were short lived joys. I dunno why it is...but I'll tell you one thing, I will never live in Alaska and I don't think I could live in Seattle. But we shall see where I end up...
The next thing I need to do is figure out what I'm going to do when I graduate. Everything has become so complicated since all this medical health stuff happened. I guess right now I'm looking for a job and will go from there. I was thinking of staying another semester and going on the MesoAmerican tour that my BYU-I does where you spend 4 weeks or so in Mexico, Belize, Honduras, and Guatemala (I think those are the four). But I'm not sure. Its all up in the air right now so I guess I need lots of prayers. lol. *sigh* life is crazy.

No comments: