Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Crazy people

Working at the bank, I decided a long time ago that the general population are not the brightest stars in the sky. And I realized that people get mean when it comes to money... But now working where I do now, I have decided
1) Crazy people and weird people travel in packs (I'm not sure if this is a survival technique or if they have some sort of chemical that draws them together) and
2) people loose their minds on vacation.
One specific instance I will refer to in regard to number one happened today. Some lady came into the store and spent more than 40 minutes looking around and PUTTING ON everything she wanted. Then when she got to the register, she commenced in taking each thing off and stating why she was buying it and talking to anyone who would listen about why it was a good deal as if trying to convince herself and others that she was making a fantastic financial investment. Her and her friend then stayed another 20 minutes after the other found a jewlery box on sale that was too good of a deal to pass up. The problem was there was only one of the boxes that both wanted. The clothes lady was upset at the box lady for taking the only box that had a butterfly on it and got mad at her for saying that it was such a good sale too loud and thats why the other boxes were gone (there was maybe one other person in the store besides them and the employees). At this point I was extremely happy that I was not at the register .
The second one I have come to realize because some people buy THE dumbest things. They will spend over $100 on meaningless useless trinkets! buying bags full of rocks and 20 key chains and then 15 other useless things and then the best part is when they look shocked that its over $100 dollars. Their eyes go wide and they say "how?" and I explain that 40 little nicknacks that cost $5 each comes out to a tad over $100 and they buy it all anyways. Most of the time. But its really annoying when the looked shocked and say "oh, well then, I don't want any of it!" and stalk away in an awful tissy like we should have said "oh well since you bought soooo much CRAP, we'll give you 50% off it all out of the kind generous goodness of our hearts." So then we are left to put back all the useless crap. Its great fun.
But I think working here has reaffirmed my original theory... the general population's intelligence level may have gone up in some areas, but common sense wise, I fear for my species.

4 comments:

Backwoods Browns said...

I couldn't agree with you more on the lack of common sense!! I really believe that there are very few people in this huge world that actually has any!! I guess there are not so many dull moments where you work!! :)

Unknown said...

Sariah you absolutely crack me up!!! oh my goodness!! I love it! I can't wait to read what you write next!!!! you make me laugh!!!! However people are crazy!!! i have experienced the same kind of stupidity working in customer service for a cell phone company! I love you!!!

Bethany said...

I'm so happy you started a blog! And it looks like it's going to be very entertaining to read. Yay!

And yes... people are crazy. At least they're entertaining though.

Ponczoch Family said...

Sariah- wahoo for starting a blog! I'm excited to get to know you, since I think the last time I saw you was at Granpa's funeral, which was when? 1994? Um, and it looks like you need to come and visit me since you seem to run with a South American crowd! OK, and I'm so jealous that you live in Jackson Hole. We love it there. We also love Rexburg... oh the memories! Anyway, excited about your blog:)