Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sad Times

I wish I could make this all fun or at least funny, but right now I'm rather sad. All of the amazing people I started with are officially all gone. I think thats the hardest part of living somewhere like this with all the people from all over the world that come to work here. All the greatest people you meet are from the opposite side of the world. Its not like they are a state away where you can take a road trip to visit them.
My last Brazilian friend, Elisabete, left Friday morning. I drove her to the bus stop and cried as she drove away. Not only was it saying goodbye to her (she's absolutely amazing and funny and sweet), but it was like saying goodbye and ending this chapter in life that I've learned and grown so much from.
Overall though, I'm so so so grateful for this experience that I've had and I really hope I can get the internship next year and have at least a few of the people I love come back for at least one last season together.
I'm going to be getting ahold of someone tomorrow that works at the CV Ranch where I'm going to see if I can get an internship. They kind of mentor emotionally handicapped kids. One of the girls in my ward works there and I was asking her about it when I first found out she worked there and it sounds really interesting. I'm sure it would be very challenging and I'll need the spirit with me a lot to help me know what to do, but I really think I could learn a ton and grow a lot even spiritually from working there. I'm crossing my fingers and hope you are praying for me cause I'm definitely hoping and praying it all works out.
So this next weekend I head back to school which in a way I'm really excited about. In a crazy way I'm kind of nervous though because now that everyone I got close to here is gone, I feel like I don't belong here anymore and with that, I feel like maybe I'll feel like I don't belong in Rexburg anymore and what would I do then? Cause usually I trust my feelings about those type of things because I see where trusting my feelings has led me and I know its the spirit telling me where its best to be... so what would I do if I don't belong in Rexburg anymore? I know its silly cause I love Rexburg and I love school and I'm going to finish school, but man, its still a silly fear somewhere deep inside me. I'm a tad crazy, this I know, cause my roommates told me everyday while I was here. lol. But what can you do?
Oh, and random side note. The DAY that Elisabete left, I started packing (since I dont think I have a day off till the day I leave) and I hear the phone ring. Its this girl asking for direction to our place because surprise to me, she's moving in. And she's moving in with me! The same day Elisabete left. It was kind of sad. She's really nice and from Rexburg as well. Her name is Sarah and oddly enough has the same initials as me. She's my replacement here I guess. lol. I dunno... anyways, thats it for me. I'm just going to go eat my pringles and cry in the corner now cause Woe is me! lol. Ciao

3 comments:

Backwoods Browns said...

Poor Sariah!! Well cheer up you'll have a niece or nephew soon to take your mind off that!! Plus you'll have many more new adventures soon enough!! You really don't have that many dull moments in your life! At least not from what you tell me!!

Ponczoch Family said...

Sad... my brother-in-law is leaving Rexburg this week. You guys should so get married. That way you can be my cousin & my sister-in-law!

Unknown said...

oh Sariah.. That makes me sad for you... I wanted to cry for you! lol! Sounds like Kim is going to try and set you up with someone! hehe! School will go well you will meet more cool people I am sure! Who can resist your funny cute personality!!! I know I can't! and then soon you will get to come home! hooray! I miss you a ton! love ya sis!