Saturday, April 19, 2008

Its All Over

So here I sit... on the couch... waiting. For what you ask? For Carisa and Tim to come and get me with my mounds and mounds of junk that I felt I HAD to have in Jackson, half of which I never even looked at. I think that has to be one of my biggest problems. I am the worst pack rat you have ever seen. Not only do I keep every single thing (including receipts from years ago...don't ask me why) but I feel like just MAYBE I will need it once for some really random and unexpected event. Why throw this cute little blue ribbon away, I might have some crazy desire someday to make some cute little homemade gift in all my spare time for someone who happens to love the color light blue and collects ribbons. Why would I throw away a priceless treasure such as this? It seems ridiculous at the time. Then a couple years later when I'm going through my stuff (or when I have to pack everything up and move again) I take it out and force myself to just let it go. This is only successful half of the time and therefore I still have tons of junk that I have convinced myself is necessary or will be in the near future. So as a result, packing and unpacking are my least favorite things because I know I will have to drag all this somewhat useless crap to and from the car when I know in my mind its all for nothing because I wont use half of it and it will eventually be thrown away. Why must I burden myself so?
So anyways, here I will continue waiting till Carisa and Time arrive and say "wow, you got a lot of crap for only being here 4 months."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hahaha! that is great! Sariah, I know exactly how you feel! when we moved from Boise I had to ask myself.. "how much have you used this in the last 2 years?" We ended up trowing a lot of stuff away! including a microwave we were hanging onto incase we ever got an apartment with out one.... we should have taken it to DI... However.... we were doing all this the day before we had to have the apt. cleaned out totally!

Backwoods Browns said...

Sariah, welcome to our family curse I think! We must all have this issue! Just like you, moving was a great thing in college, it forced me to throw so many black garbage bags of "junk" away and after about 8 moves I realized every time I clean if I see something I haven't needed in 6 months to a year....GARBAGE, or Good Will!! It has improved a lot.It gets better Sariah, I promise! Just keep moving!! It forces you to downsize " most of the time" And the blue buttons and ribbons, you are good for keeping them because you will use them when you come live with me and scrapbook!! HEHEH( we'll see right ;) )